WEBINAR - How to Manage Risks in Your China Joint Venture
Shanghai | Seminar | Webinar | July 8, 2021 | 4:00 PM China | 9:00 AM UK
Dezan Shira & Associates is excited to co-host with China Britain Business Council, EUSME, and to invite you to our hybrid event on "How to Manage Risks in Your China Joint Venture."
Setting up a Joint Venture (JV) is one of the many ways for foreign investors to enter the Chinese market. Having a Chinese partner provides investors with several benefits in the market that are both useful and economical. While the advantages of joint ventures in terms of enhanced market reach and access to particular industries may be clear, concerns from foreign investors keep increasing, primarily due to travel restrictions.
Just over a year ago, China implemented a new set of entry restrictions to control the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. These restrictions have raised many concerns and questions for foreign nationals who own Joint Ventures, who are not allowed to enter China temporarily.
“How do I retain control of a JV” became a burning question to consider.
In this event, Dezan Shira experts Allan Xu, Senior Manager of Business Advisory Services, and Jenny Liao, Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting Services, will break down common challenges and approaches in which owners can manage risks in their Joint Ventures.
- What are the common risks and issues for JVs?
- How to control a JV under PRC law?
- How to know the operational status of your JV?
- How to protect IP rights and trade secrets?
- How to manage a deadlock and exit mechanisms?
- What are the relevant legal requirements under the Foreign Investment Law?
16:00 – 16:15 (CN) : Opening remarks & Introduction & Policy updates
- Adam Livermore, Partner, Dezan Shira & Associates
- Joe Cash, Policy Analyst, CBBC
16:15 – 17:15 (CN): Keynote speech – How to manage risks in your China JV
- Allan Xu, Senior Manager, Business Advisory Services, DSA
- Jenny Liao, Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting Services, DSA
17:15 – 17:30 (CN) Q&A, Networking
This hybrid event is FREE of charge.
To join us in person at our Shanghai office:
To join our live webinar: