Baltimore, Md. — The Daily Record selected Alvin Katz, Co-Founder, Director, KatzAbosch as a 2018 Icon Honors recipient.
Established in 2017, Icon Honors recognizes Maryland business leaders, over the age of 60, for their notable success and demonstration of strong leadership within and outside their fields. The honorees have moved their businesses and the state of Maryland forward by growing jobs and making a difference in the community.
To be eligible for Icon Honors, honorees must have a long-standing commitment to the Maryland business community and significant professional accomplishments through innovation and leadership. Honorees must also be champions of their industries and demonstrate a sustained commitment to community service. They may be in the workforce or retired and must hold or have held senior management-level positions with significant authority in decision-making for their organization.
"This year's Icon Honors recipients are truly leaders in their profession and have been for many years. They are 60 years of age or better and represent a level of professional achievement and community awareness and action that is truly remarkable," said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, publisher of The Daily Record. "They are role models and mentors, and the up-and-coming generation wants to emulate them. The Daily Record is pleased to recognize this year's Icon Honors recipients for their stellar achievements."
The Icon Honors awards will be presented Dec. 17 at a reception starting at 4:30 p.m. at The Center Club, 100 Light Street in Baltimore. Winners will be profiled in a special publication that will be inserted into the Dec. 18 issue of The Daily Record and available online at www.TheDailyRecord.com. The event hashtag is #TDRawards.
Table Sponsors of the event are Epsilon Registration and VPC Inc.
For more information about sponsorships and tickets for The Daily Record’s Icon Honors awards, visit www.TheDailyRecord.com or call 443-524-8161.
About The Daily Record
Celebrating 130 years of journalistic excellence, The Daily Record is a multimedia news source that publishes a print and online edition five days a week and breaks news daily on its website, TheDailyRecord.com. In addition, The Daily Record publishes more than 30 special products a year including Path to Excellence: A Women's Guide to Business, Doing Business in Maryland, Be What I Want to Be and Expanding Opportunities. The Daily Record also honors leading Marylanders through nine annual awards events including Maryland's Top 100 Women, Influential Marylanders and Most Admired CEOs. Its Digital Marketing Solutions helps customers with social media, search engine marketing and optimization, retargeting, email marketing and more. The Daily Record is part of BridgeTower Media,
Icon Honors Recipients
- Timothy Adams, Systems Application and Technologies, Inc.
- Norman R. Augustine, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Joseph Baker, Calvert Hall College High School
- Doreen Bolger, Baltimore Museum of Art
- M.J. "Jay" Brodie, Baltimore Development Corporation
- Dr. John Chessare, GBMC
- David Cordish, The Cordish Companies
- Andre Davis, Baltimore City Department of Law
- John Frisch, Miles & Stockbridge
- Susan Goering, ACLU of Maryland
- Mary Hastler, Harford County Public Library
- Carla Hayden, Library of Congress
- Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Alvin Katz, KatzAbosch
- Dr. Sandra Kurtinitis, Community College of Baltimore County
- Laurie Lessans, OGS Order Green Supply LLC
- M. Natalie McSherry, Kramon & Graham
- Barbara Mikulski, U.S. Senate
- Howard B. Miller, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- David Nevins, Nevins & Associates
- Dr. Jay Perman, MD, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Deborah Phelps, Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools
- Dr. Kim Schatzel, Towson University
- Charles Scheeler, DLA Piper
- Mary Ann Scully, Howard Bank
- Edward St. John, St. John's Properties
- Kenneth Thompson, Venable LLP
- Byron L. Warnken, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Hon. Alexander Williams, Jr., U.S. District Court
- Dr. Ellen H. Yankellow, Correct Rx Pharmacy Services, Inc.